STHAMEX AFFF 3% F-0 #4302
Mfg.: Dr.Sthamer – Hamburg
STHAMEX® AFFF 3% F-0 is a synthetic, aqueous film forming fire extinguishing foam concentrate, based on surface active agents.
♦ DIN EN 1568 Certificate No.: KB-298/14 Part 3 (Heptane): IB/IB
♦ ICAO Airport Services Manual Low expansion foam — Level B
STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 forms foam very readily and is used for both low and medium expansion foam applications.
The film forming and re-ignition preventing ingredients of STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 provide for extremely fast and effective extinction especially when used on class B fires.
The aqueous film formed out of the draining foam solution spreads extremely fast and enhances the flowing properties and burn-back resistance of the foam.
The extinction time is reduced considerably and the fire source cooled. The aqueous film even extinguishes areas scarcely covered with foam and prevents re-igniting of areas, where the foam layer is ruptured.
The foam is stable and in combination with the aqueous film, it forms a lasting, gastight layer on flammable areas. Due to its high foam density a long throwing range can be achieved.
The foam is oleophobic, i.e. it does not pick up fuel and is therefore particularly suitable for “sub-surface” foam application.
On hydrocarbon products STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 can be applied as non-aspirated, aqueous solution by me-ans of e.g. water monitors, water sprinklers, deluge systems etc.
STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 is not suitable for use on polar solvents, e.g. alcohols.
STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 does not contain silicones.
STHAMEX® AFFF 3% F-0 Application:
- STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 is used at 3% concentration and applied with all standard low expansion foam equipment and fixed foam installations especially for class B fires.
- The non-aspirated solution of STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 can be applied using water monitors, water sprinklers or deluge systems.
- Seawater, brackish water and treated industrial water do not affect the outstanding fire performance.
- STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 is used in petrochemical industries, on airports and in on- and offshore areas.
- It is also used in plastics and recycling industries and generally, where large fire loads have to be extinguished safely and within the shortest time possible.
- When used near electrical installations observe DIN/VDE-0132, or equivalent national standards.
STHAMEX AFFF 3% F-0 #4302
Physical properties and technical data
- Recommended induction rate: 3% low expansion foam, non-polar liquids
- Foam expansion* (according to EN 1568): 5 – 10, low expansion foam*
- 25% water drainage time* (according to EN 1568): 2 – 4 minutes, low expansion foam*
- 50% water drainage time* (according to EN 1568): 4 – 8 minutes, low expansion foam*
- Colour: yellow to brown
- Viscosity: at 20°C < 10 mm²/sec and at 0°C < 20 mm²/sec
- pH value at 20°C: 6,5 – 8,5
- Density at 20°C: 1,020 ± 0,02 g/ml
- Sediments: none
- Surface tension: < 17,0 mN/m
- Spreading coefficient: > 3 mN/m (Cyclohexane)
- Frost resistance: 0°C (prevent from freezing)
- Note: * Foam expansion and drainage times may vary, depending on foam equipment and operating pressure
STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 has a shelf life of >10 years, if stored according to our recommendations (see technical info leaflet TM014 ‘Storage of Synthetic Fire Extinguishing Foam Concentrates’).
STHAMEX®-AFFF 3% F-0 is available in jerrycans, plastic drums, iron drums, pallet containers (totes) and in bulk.